This is a comfortable well appointed guest house, conveniently located overlooking Kilronan pier, the main point of entry to the Aran Islands. Irish Tourist Board approved..
Renowned in song and story this haven of rest on the western Atlantic offers a tranquil, peaceful base from which to explore the culture, landscape and antiquities of the mystical Aran Islands. A home from home for the artist, linguist or simply the person seeking a unique restful environment, the Aran Islands offers a holiday different from any other.
Aptly named and overlooking Kilronan quay the Pier Head offers all modern conveniences and amenities while locating you in the centre of village life. All ten bedrooms are ensuite with TV, telephone, and hairdryer. For the convenience of guest there is a cafe and restaurant downstairs and visitors lounge. Nothing has been overlooked to make this guest house a haven of rest and comfort even to the provision of full facilities for the disabled.
Your hostess Maura will ensure your stay on the Aran Islands is both a happy and memorable one and she is knowledgable of the attractions of the area.
Emerse yourself in the traditional Gaelic speaking culture and drink in the values and way of life that were exemplified in the film "Man of Aran".
Attractions in the area include:
* unique horse drawn jaunting cars
* fresh unpolluted air
* the neolithic Dun Aonghus Fort
* the friendliness of the local population
* the traditional song and music in the local pubs
* the unique limestone walled patchwork of fields
* the warm dry island micro climate
* watch local fishermen line fishing from their traditional tar and canvas boats called "Currachs"
* local craft shops such as An Pucan